SkySilk Pros and Cons
- Cheap Cloud Hosting - Customers will find SkySilk’s VPS plans extremely affordable with more resources than most competitors.
- Rewards System - It has reward points and referral programs to use on account credit and select gift cards.
- Root Access - Root access is included for full control of servers, enabling users to host multiple sites.
- Customer Support - SkySilk’s technical support team is on hand 24/7 for any issues or concerns.
- Limited Data Centers - It only has a data center in the US.
- No Phone Support - SkySilk has no dedicated phone line for customers to contact.
SkySilk Prices And Payment Methods
SkySilk VPS pricing is structured to fit any budget with three different pricing tiers; Basic, Standard, and Premium, each built with flexibility and configuration in mind. The basic plan starts at $1p/m, which comes with 100Mbp/s of bandwidth, erasure-coded SSD storage, and standard Intel system hardware.
If you are after speed, you can upgrade to the Standard plan for $2p/m, giving you increased bandwidth of 500Mbp/s, free manual backups, and SkyPoints. For those looking for the complete service, the premium package at $5p/m boasts unlimited data transfer, up to 800Mbp/s bandwidth, and triple replicated NVME storage.
Payment can be made through PayPal or by all major credit cards.
SkySilk User Experience
SkySilk’s platform is very intuitive and easy to use, even for those not overly familiar with VPS. The deployment process is straightforward; users select the pre-configured template required and hit go.
Templates range from clean Linux OS distros like Debian, Centos, and Ubuntu to Apps like Gitlab, Node.js, WordPress, and many more.
Once selected, the software is installed instantly and configured on the VPS, leaving the environment in a ready-to-use state.
SkySilk Loading and Reliability
SkySilk includes a 99.95% uptime guarantee in its SLA, however, it does not offer any refund for users unhappy with the service. That said, in our tests, we were unable to find any instance of our hosting being down for more than a couple of seconds.
When it came to loading times, SkySilk performed well, the fastest speed of 1s coming from the US, which is unsurprising given its data center location.
SkySilk Main Features
- Backups - Users get peace of mind with automatic weekly cloud backups and snapshots, enabling easy rollback.
- Ceph Storage - It is optimized to use Ceph Storage that aims for high-performance and maximum compatibility with legacy applications.
- VPS Boost - For those expecting a spike in traffic, the VPS Boost feature can increase the performance of the vCPU and RAM for 24hrs.
- Security - SkySilk provides brute force protection with Fail2Ban and mitigation for DDoS attacks up to 3GB/s.
SkySilk Customer Support
Customers can contact SkySilk via email or ticket-based system and can use the online blog, tutorials, and community forum for more information.
SkySilk For Free
SkySilk offers no free trial or free plans, at present.
My Conclusion About SkySilk
With low-cost pricing, uptime guarantee, fast load times, and a reward scheme, SkySilk’s plans seem like a consumer’s dream for hosting. However, there are drawbacks. Unlike BlueHost and Contabo, it does not offer a Windows server template.