Hostens Pros and Cons
- Server Locations - Hostens has servers located in North America, Asia, and Europe.
- Pricing - It offers plans with highly competitive pricing.
- Knowledge Base - Its knowledge base, which includes tutorials and guides, is extensive, comprehensive and helps all levels of users.
- Backups - Hostens’ plans come with daily and weekly automatic backups.
- Migration - It offers no site migration assistance.
- No DDoS - Hostens doesn’t offer DDoS mitigation.
Hostens Prices and Payment Methods
Hostens offers three shared hosting plans – S10, S20 and S40.
The basic ‘S10’ plan includes 10GB of disk space, 1 TB of bandwidth, 10 databases and email accounts, all for $0.90p/m.
Users can upgrade to the ‘S20’ plan for $1.49p/m which includes an additional 20GB of disk space, 2 TB of Bandwidth, and hosting for up to 10 sites
The top-tier ‘S40’ plan provides even better value, offering 40GB of disk space, 4 TB of bandwidth, and room to host forty websites.
Its reseller plans start at $1.80p/m with up to 400 websites hosted.
Payment methods include Bitcoin, PayPal, and all major credit cards.
Hostens User Experience
Hostens’ shared hosting plans each provide website creation and domain transfer to new users immediately after the purchase and login process. Its in-house one-click installer, ‘Installatron’, alongside its drag and drop website builder, will be of real benefit to beginners.
All plans include PHP, Python, and Ruby programming languages and advanced users can also schedule CRON jobs and avail of SSH access.
Hostens Load Times & Reliability
Unfortunately, the vendor’s 99.95% uptime guarantee falls short of the Tier III threshold of 99.98%.
This would mean less than 1.6 hours of downtime a year. However, my diagnostic tests found an average uptime of 97.37%.
When it comes to average aggregate response speed, Hostens has 158.11ms, with connections being fastest in Europe.
Hostens Main Features
- Flexibility- Hostens is extremely flexible. Users can configure its hosting plans to specific needs.
- Cloud Infrastructure - It’s developed using enterprise-level hardware with reliability and stacking in mind.
- Advanced Tools - It allows users to encrypt certificates, filter email, schedule backups, and DNS.
- Website Builder - Hostens’ website builder features a drag and drop platform, specifically suited to beginners.
Hostens Customer Support
Users can access 24/7 support via email, live chat, and a ticket-based system. Hostens includes a comprehensive knowledge base providing answers to all your questions on its website.
Its support team is experienced, efficient, knowledgeable, and can converse in multiple languages, including Chinese.
Hostens For Free
Hostens’ plans come with a generous 30-day trial which allows users to try out the service before they make a purchase.
My Conclusion About Hostens
The biggest surprise with Hostens is its surprisingly low prices across all its plans. Although bandwidth, disk space, and domains are all capped, to some customers, it might be considered a steal.
However, the lack of plan information on its website is a major concern, specifically when you compare it to rival Contabo and its detailed breakdown. Also, Hostens offers no DDoS protection, and its uptime and load times are put firmly in the shade by Cloudways.