ProHoster Pros and Cons
- Servers - ProHoster has its servers located in multiple countries including Ukraine, the USA, and the Netherlands.
- Security - Its shared hosting plans are security conscious with DDoS protection and anti-spam tool ‘Spam Assassin’ included.
- Free Offers - ProHoster plans come with a free SSL certificate, domain name, and site transfer.
- Multi Billing Cycle - Payment for plans can be made monthly, semi-annual, annual, and biennial.
- Limited Disk Space - Its shared hosting plans all have capped disk space with a RAM volume limit from 460MB to 2GB.
- Support - Surprisingly, ProHoster charges $10p/h for all additional technical support.
ProHoster Prices and Payment Methods
If it's the increased capacity you’re after, the VPS hosting plans include 200GB of SSD storage capacity with prices beginning at $2.60p/m.
ProHoster’s dedicated servers are an excellent solution for non-standard projects. With full root access, prices start at $41p/m.
Payments can be made using all major credit cards and through PayPal.
ProHoster User Experience
ProHoster plans include an ISP control panel providing users with a fast, secure, and convenient way to manage sites. The interface is intuitive and also comes with a Softaculous installer with hundreds of CMS and other installation scripts.
As an alternative to populating your site with CMS content, ProHoster’s free website builder features 190 templates, helping you create your website with no coding necessary.
ProHoster Load Times and Reliability
There are many things to look for in a web host provider, but the most important is that it has fast and reliable servers. ProHoster like many others promotes a 99.95% uptime guarantee, however, my tests conducted over one month using shared hosting accounts found an average of 98.2%.
When it comes to loading page speed, it also lags behind competitors. Using VPN technology we recorded a load time of more than 680ms.
ProHoster Main Features
ProHoster creates a daily backup of accounts and keeps these for 30 days.
It also features the Zend Optimizer, which can help speed up performance and reduce server demand of PHP scripts.
It allows users to schedule cron jobs, useful for automating repetitive tasks.
All hosting plans come with phpMyAdmin, which provides a convenient GUI for working with MySQL.
ProHoster Customer Support
Customers’ can get technical support via live chat, phone, and email, receiving a prompt, courteous, and helpful response.
ProHoster For Free
ProHoster provides a 14-day free trial, giving you just enough time to try before you buy.
My Conclusion About ProHoster
While new to the market, ProHoster provides feature-packed hosting plans at affordable prices, with plenty of freebies thrown in for good measure. Although customer support is sufficient, it’s not 24/7 like A2 Hosting. Page speed and reliability are also of concern when you consider the efficiency of Verpex.