IPhoster Pros and Cons
- Server Locations - IPhoster has twenty-eight servers in total; this allows users to choose near to visitor locations, so sites are accessed rapidly.
- Free Services - It includes free site transfer, domain name, automatic backup, and unlimited monthly bandwidth that is vital for scaling a website.
- Control Panel Choice - It gives users a variety of choices in hosting control panels, which includes cPanel, DirectAdmin, or ISP manager.
- Reliable Storage - All IPhoster plans feature SSD storage for faster load speeds, durability, and better overall site performance.
- Pricey Add-Ons - IPhoster offers a myriad of costly add-ons that features additional disk space and a dedicated IP address.
- Uptime Guarantee - Its website does not detail any SLA uptime guarantee like other competitors.
IPhoster Prices and Payment Methods
IPhoster has a quintet of shared web hosting plans with prices ranging from $1p/m for the basic package to $4.95p/m for the high-end option.
All five plans have similar features, and the differentiating factor between each one is storage capacity from 3GB to 15GB and the number of domains.
For users looking to increase site reliability and performance, IPhoster’s VPS plans start at $1.95p/m and feature KVM to manage guest virtual machines.
For developers requiring specific customization for CPU and RAM, its dedicated server plans start at $15p/m.
Users can make payments via PayPal, VISA, and MasterCard.
IPhoster User Experience
Some users may find IPhoster’s vintage website a little clunky, although the provider includes domain transfer straight after login and purchase.
It also features a trio of control panels to choose from, including cPanel, DirectAdmin, and ISPmanager, to aid all hosting tasks.
These control panels are all complemented with Installatron, which allows users to upload hundreds of popular CMS applications.
IPhoster Load Time and Reliability
I scoured through IPhoster’s website and did not find any SLA uptime guarantee.
However, we persevered with diagnostic tests over thirty days and found an average result of 96.8%, well below its competitor stats.
IPhoster’s loading times did not fare much better, ranging from 640ms to 1.75s over thousands of pings, although scores weren’t above Google’s 2-second recommendation.
IPhoster Main Features
With built-in NVMe, data is written and read four times faster than standard SSD.
It also features the open-source antivirus ClamAV to detect many types of malicious software, including viruses.
Its cloud Linux OS platform improves server stability and security by partitioning and limiting resources.
For users with existing sites, IPhoster’s dedicated technical team will transfer them for free.
IPhoster Customer Support
IPhoster’s technical team provides 24/7 support via a ticket-based system and email.
IPhoster For Free
The vendor has no free plans currently.
My Conclusion About IPhoster
IPhoster is an affordable host with a good range of packages and plenty of server location choices.
However, it has limited support channels compared to Namecheap, and some product details are very sketchy.
Its reliability and performance stats are mediocre and pricey add-ons don’t do it any favors; Hostwinds is much more reliable.